Monday, February 23, 2009

Tryst - The Dark clouds are approaching!


Yesterday one of ma colleague got married.. We did arrange a 2 day trip to witness this auspicious day of hers... On the way we saw monkeys, ate biriyani(not with them fcourse), took hair pin turns, pedalled a 4 seater boat for half an hour!! (tats stamina), gulped down umpteen litres of water, watched a Chak-de-India-sacks-hockey-hires-Gilli romantic tragedy movie, snapped hundreds of photos... It was fun ...!! but after all this, the most important lesson learnt at the end of the day was: PEOPLE ARE GETTING MARRIED!! Some already Got.. Some will Soon and some Later!! Thers no escape!

Lets see wat some had to say during last week:

My TL : I might in an year.. yeah one year for sure... I guess 27-28 is the apt age.. how old are you ???
Mr B: Hows marriage at kerala ?? will it take hours ??( As if he has a Mallu girl ruling his heart making the brain wander down south-west)
Mr A: hmm... haaa.. ahmm... ehmm... eh..... (looks towards my back.. raises his hand to wave...Cries "HEY!!!" and vanishes)
Mr S (Didnt get time to talk to him... He was always busy with missed calls, calls and SMSes...) :
Mr D (I was afraid to talk to him.. he was down with feelingzzz after watching the movie I mentioned above...):
Ms F: Getting Frustrated???? ha ha.. me too.. Welcome to the club buddy.. (hmm.. am not alone :) )
My Boss ka boss: wat nonsense... hmm.. will see..(Sarcastic smile) Did you get a chance to see my email ???
Mr B(Once I hung up my phone after an important conversation): da She's booked! (now wat does tat mean??) She has a boy friend!
Cousin : I think you should get married!.. bla bla bla(philosophy) (well thx for the advice)
Mom (to an unknown gals aunty): He has shown a light green flag!! (fooosh.. dark clouds approaching buddy!!)

Bachelors beware!! They r coming... !!!

The population of uncommitted gals r reducing... We find uncommitted gals only at college campuses... Hence I decided to go back to the college... MBA.. MDes.. MS.. MTech.. nything!! HEAVEN IS THERE!!!


@ Office couple of them got married this month! Half a dozen got engaged! Majority are thinking abt a second marriage!!(tat was a wild but yet probable and not impossible possibility.. huh!) ;-)

Even a thought on marriage can be classified as nightmare.. It would be a complete hault to those late night chats with friends.. Blanking out celebrations @ 11:00PM when a friend breaks in with a dozen of Lager beer bottles.. No fun with friends...No Second shows.. No City centre visits.. No tea from your fav local tea shop.. No pub visits.. No Party.. No unplanned excursions.. and wat not... U ll never know wat u ll loose unless u fall into it!

But still even after seeing the danger sign board, sitting back in ma office cubicle, I wonder about the girl who is yet to step into my life (NB: The one who steps in and never steps out).. There are 6,706,993,152 people in this world of which almost 3,219,356,713 are females.. and a possible 1,126,774,850 of them within the age limit of 18 - 35.. on further refining we come to an approx figure of 5,63,387,425 and are the ones we are interested in! Being Indian and probability is more tat the gal would be an Indian,so tat would be 1/6th of it..somewhere around 93,897,904!

So one out of the staggering 93,897,904!

Where will She (ofcourse its a she!) be ?? Have you ever wondered(if ur single)?? (others will have other things to wonder about - out of scope to decribe)

Well she might be busy writing her lab records.. or attending her first patient at some ABC hospical, or must be frantically googlging to get a working Code!.. cracking her head on SDLC, Scrum, Java beans, struts and worrying abt recession.. or must be mixing H2SO4 with CH3Cl.. Or giving an "interesting" lecture to her students at some college.. She might be sunk in an ocean of research books in her college library.. She might be designing a party wear for the most glamourous model she ever knew.. Must be chatting with her boyfriend(who ll soon become her ex)! She might be sitting immediately above me on the third floor.. or if I look down, 3 cubicles to the right on the first floor...!! She must have seen me at a marriage reception and I never knew... or I might have seen her on the dance floor but never bothered to give a second glance... She might be the one who gave me instructions to set a callertune when I rang up the customer care.. She might be the one I sat with for CAT 2008.. She might be the one whom I messed up unknowingly at a college fest... She might have traveled with me from Chennai to Ernakulam in the same train same compartment and I never had a clue.. Or she might be the gal in the crowd whose eyes wer like studded diamonds which kept me restless for the next 2 weeks.. She could be Mom's bestfriend's daughter.. Dad's Godfather's Son's Wife's Mother's Son's Sister's daughter! Could be the gal next door.. A lost childhood friend..! A close friend..!! A close relative..!!! A total stranger..!!!!

You never know when fate would double knock ur door..

They say that.. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Since all my efforts have failed! now I have left it to the Universe... TO CONSPIRE...!!

3 comments:

  1. venodaa .... inniyum collegil poyee umbano !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 93 Million or 3 Billion ... but u will never get the lost one(s) ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol .... i loved that ....

    ReplyDelete